Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fun In Bear Lake !!

We had another great vacation in Bear Lake!! Scott and I were only able to spend the weekend as we needed to get back for Scott's work and my Young Women's Camp! A huge thank you to my Mom and Dad for watching Jake and Court the rest of the week. From what I've heard, they had a great time with lots of swimming, bike riding, watching Toy Story, ice cream and Skipbo!


Photobucket

Here are some pictures of our fun weekend!!


Photobucket

We were surprised and excited to find a water slide at each of the pools. Jake spent most of his time playing on them and Courtney wanting to be like her big brother insisted on going down them as well. I would help her climb the ladder and Scott would catch her.

About the fifth time doing this, I pushed Courtney down and yelled "here she comes", I looked down and instantly panicked as I saw that Scott wasn't below to catch her, he was a few feet away swimming with Jake. I screamed, Scott looks up and we both watch our 2 year old land in the water and sink. (No life jacket). Scott swims over as fast as he can (I'm still on the ladder) he dives and grabs Court from the bottom of the pool. It was only a few seconds but in the moment it felt like forever. Courtney came up coughing and scared but thankfully she was ok. It really shook us up, I still can't get over how fast Courtney sank. Crazy!

It's one of those bad memories that will be embedded in my mind forever. Ugggh!!


We made Courtney go down the slide immediately after as we didn't want her to be scared of the water. After the third time she began to like it again, it wasn't until Heather missed her when she was trying to catch her that she refused to go on the slide again. By then we had two close calls and we figured we better keep her away from the slides. This turned out to be the best idea; Court was happy, we weren't stressed, my parents weren't stressed and everyone was safe.



Photobucket

We celebrated Heather's Birthday and Fathers Day while in Bear Lake!!


Photobucket

Perfect weather and a perfect vacation!

Thanks again Mom & Dad!!!

3 comments:

  1. Do your parents own a condo at Bear Lake or just rent on often? It looks like such a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOo! I hate missing out on Bear Lake trips...thanks for all the fun pictures to show me everything I missed. :) JK. I'm glad you had lots of fun. Lydia will LOVE the slide I bet. Tyson taught her the front crawl last night at our pool. She is turning into a fish. :) No more letting my niece sink to the bottom. How scary of a moment for everyone. Glad Scott was close and that her mom is a former life guard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad nothing bad happen to coco. In our old apartament we had a comunity pool. We used to go a lot. Anyway one day Ian decided that he was a "pro" in the pool. I still remember his eyes. I ran and rescue him. It was very scary.
    Other than Coco's situation it souded like an awsome vacation! you guys surely know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!