Thursday, December 8, 2011

Missing Bike

Photobucket


This was officially the saddest day so far of Jacob's life. A few weeks ago Jake came home from school and went off to play with friends. He came rushing back into the house and said in a panicked voice "Mom, where's my bike"? I replied that it was in the garage and he said it wasn't. I went to see and he was right - it was gone. We quickly drove around the neighborhood hoping maybe he'd left it at a friends house??? No luck. I sent out a huge text to all my neighbors asking them to keep an eye out for it but by night fall we all pretty much knew -


Jake's bike had been stolen.


Jake was too angry to cry. He kept kicking the wall or punching his bed. He kept asking why someone would steal his bike? You see, Jake's bike was his most favorite thing he owned in the entire world. He rode his bike every day, he rode it to the bus stop, to his friends houses, practiced jumps etc.. He really loved his bike and now to have it gone was almost incomprehensible for him. It was heart breaking to see him so sad. I'll admit that Scott and I were pretty angry ourselves. I mean seriously, who steals an 8 year olds bike?


Jake insisted on putting up flyers in our neihborhood so we did. Scott also called the police, we knew there was nothing they could do but we thought they should at least be aware of what had happened. It's now been several weeks since the bike was stolen, Jake still really misses it but he's doing a lot better. Now we just have to hope that Santa or Santa's helpers will help Jake get a new bike soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!