Saturday, December 3, 2011

November Randomness

Here are a few fun things we did this past November. Enjoy the randomness.

Photobucket


Jake and Court with the neighbors enjoying the first snow fall of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Photobucket

Veteran's day is a special day for me as it always reminds me of my Hero- My Grandpa Selman. Not only was my Grandpa one of my most favorite people in the world and the best Grandpa in the world but he was also a World War II Hero. He loved Remembrance Day (what Canadians call Veterans Day). I remember as a little girl going with him to special events on this day, meeting his friends who also fought in the War and listening to his extrodinary and amazing experience of surviving being a Prisoner of War for close to 4 years. One of my favorite memories as a little girl (I think I was around 10 years old) was meeting one of my Grandpa's friends who was in the same POW camp as him. He shook my hand and looked me in my eyes and said "Your Grandpa saved my life". (My Grandpa worked in the kitchen and would smuggle out Potato Peelings to his friends and these potato peelings kept this man alive). To this day, I'll never forget this mans eyes which were filled with so much love for my Grandpa. A day doens't go by that I don't think of my Grandpa as I miss him so much but Veteran's Day is an extra special day for me to honor my Hero.



Photobucket


My Parents invited us to the Ogden Veterans Parade, I'll admit my eyes became a little misty watching the soldiers and veterans march by. How blessed we are to have so many people who have sacrificed, fought and who are still fighting for our freedom. Saying thank you will never come close to what they sacrifice for us.


Photobucket

Having fun at Fat Cat's after the parade
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Photobucket

One random Sunday afternoon Jake decided to dress up as a football player (he found his football Halloween costume he wore when he was 4 years old). Surprisingly it kind of fit him, it was extra snug but he thought he looked really cool. Court then decided to dress up as a cheerleader. These two silly kids definitely crack us up.


Photobucket


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket


Every morning Courtney wakes up, climbs in my bed and we talk about what our plans are for the day. She loves scheduling out her day (or trying to schedule out what she would WANT to do that day).


Here's an example of a day that Courtney plans for herself; eat breakfast, watch a cartoon, get dressed, play with a friend, have a bath, watch a cartoon, read a book, play with a friend, eat lunch, play with a friend, color, eat a treat, play with a friend, eat dinner and go to bed. Lol!!!


Other than going to preshool and dance her all time favorite thing to do is- play with friends. Every second of the day she's asking if she can play with a friend. When she does get the chance to play with a friend and after playing with that friend for several hours and her friend has to go home, not even a second goes by until she's asking if she can play with another friend. She's definitely my little social bug but such a cute little social bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!