Wednesday, October 14, 2009

'Scary Pumpkin'

This evening we went on our annual outing to the pumpkin patch. Picture this...our kids are having fun, I'm taking cute pictures then all of a sudden we hear Courtney scream and then see her run. She runs right by me, keeps running and then jumps onto a bale of hay. I turn around to see what made her so scared and standing behind me is a tall man with a carved pumpkin on his head. It made me jump so I understand why Court reacted the way she did.

I know this makes Scott & I the worst parents ever but we could not stop laughing. It's impossible to describe but watching Court run and jump onto the hay was so funny. The man quickly took off the pumpkin head and we tried to comfort her but she continued to whimper everytime she looked at the man. She wouldn't let me put her down and kept saying "scary". The man (Farmer of the pumpkin patch) thought it was funny as well and said that he has never seen a child run past the parents, they usually run to them. I figure that if there hadn't been the bale of hay to stop Courtney, she would still be running.

Unfortunately we now face the consequence of our daughter being scared of pumpkins. All the way home she pointed to the pumpkins we bought and said "scary". Fingers crossed no "scary pumpkin" nightmares tonight.

Before we left we had to torture her one more time to get a picture of her with the "scary pumpkin". Look at Court's face, poor little thing and yet so funny.

This is after the man took off the pumpkin head. Courts face stayed like this until we got her back into the van. Jake had a blast, he too jumped when he saw the "scary pumpkin" but then started laughing along with the rest of us.

This is Courtney before "scary pumpkin". My Mom bought her this outfit. It says #1 Halloween Princess. Perfect for our little Halloween baby.

My Cute Kids!!! (Before "scary pumpkin")

3 comments:

  1. SOOOO funny! I think you need to send that photo into the Ellen Show. She always shares when kids are scared of Santa, maybe she'd do pumpkins too. :) I love her happy once more though. So STINKIN' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is funny! Has she recovered from "scary pumpkin" now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. I saw the picture and the description on your face. This is hilaroius!! Poor little babe. I love Jakes face though he is so brave.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!