Friday, October 2, 2009

Crazy Courtney!!!!!!

Like most children when they are quiet you know that they are up to no good. Today was no exception. I found my sweet little girl on the floor of my bedroom putting my black eye liner on her face. Notice the picture below... no smile. She knew she was in BIG trouble!!!

I know you shouldn't compare your children but I have to say that it has been quite an adjustment going from Jake who would hardly get into things or make messes to Courtney whom if you leave the room for 30 seconds she has either emptied a drawer, dumped a bottle of lotion, found something she shouldn't have gotten into... the list of her mischief goes on and on and on. For example; last Sunday morning as I was doing her hair in her bathroom, I left her for maybe 45 seconds at the most. When I returned I found her with Jake's bottle of gel opened and dumped all over her hands and dress. She was then wiping the bathroom mirror with her sticky geld hands. What the heck????

This picture is after I found Courtney emptying every drawer in her bedroom. Yes, I said EVERY drawer. After completely trashing her room she picked out this outfit and insisted on wearing it. Of course I let her because I am such an Awesome Mom but I also knew it was a day we weren't going anywhere. Haha!


This is Coco playing in her little play house. I bought this play house at a garage sale this summer for $20 (they retail at stores for over $250) She absolutely loves it. No crazy story about this picture, I just thought it was a cute picture. LOL!


This is a picture of when I found Courtney eating marshmallows which she got out of the pantry all by herself. I have no idea how she did this as I keep the marshmallows on the 3rd shelf?? As you can see in this picture, she was very proud of herself. What a ham!


Deep thought from Sarah...

This past month I cut back my work hours, this was very huge for me & quite scary as I have always worked. I was worried about what I was going to do at home, how I was going to handle all the changes, especially the change of not seeing my family every day? I will be honest and say it hasn't been the easiest and I am still adjusting but the positives definitely out way the negatives. Definitely the biggest positive are my kids. Each morning Court and I hang out together when Jake is at school. We have our fun routine of cartoons, breakfast, bath, hair time, quiet time, play time, YouTube (she loves watching little kids sing I am a child of God) run errands and many other things. She especially loves the walk to the bus stop to pick up Jake. The afternoons I get to spend time with Jake. Court usually takes a 2 hour nap so in that two hour gap Jake and I have our one on one time where we, play cards, read books, make cookies etc.. I love this new time I have with my kids, time that I seem to never have had before. I have always been scared of change but these past weeks I have realized that change is not always bad sometimes it is a blessing!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are enjoying being home. It is such a blessing to be able to be with your kids for all those little moments that add up! I'm nervous for another kid for the same reasons you mentioned about Jake. Aiva rarely gets into anything. With this next little girl, I might be doomed! You have to admit though...the eyeliner is cute! Makes for cute pictures and fun memories. :) See you tomorrow! Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying home does take some adjustments, but overall I wouldn't change it for the world.
    You have such a cute family. You are such a young, hip Mama!
    I love hanging with you and the girls. You always make me laugh.
    Cya Tuesday Nosy Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! I have just tuned into your blog! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your time home! It can definately be a challenge some days! But your routine sounds so fun! So great to have time for one on one! What a great mom you are!
    Kamille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah!!! I can't believe I ran across your blog today. I was reading one of my friend's and saw Mike & Elise's names on there. I remembered you talking about them so I clicked on it to see if you would be on their's. I guess that means I'm a blog stalker which you apparently don't like :) But, I just couldn't not say "hi"!! How are you? Your kids are so very cute, and Jake is so much bigger than when I saw him. I hope all is well with you - you were always such a fun person! I have a blog but it's private, so if you're interested in peeking at it you have to send me your email address (francis_3@peoplepc.com). And again, your kids are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah your Courtney sounds like my Brynley LOL. She is into everything and can mess a room in seconds flat! Courtney is too cute...that picture of her in the play house is so sweet! Lucky you to have found a playhouse like that for so cheap =)

    You are a good Mom...have fun having more time with your kids. It isn't easy being at home =) but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!