Sunday, September 27, 2009

Primary Presentation

I wish I could of taken a picture of Jake in church today so I could show you how adorable he was, I'll do my best to describe it... Jake had his primary presentation today and he was so cute. Last week Jake was given his part, after I read it to him twice he knew it. Crazy how smart the kid is. Anyway, for 5 days straight he has been saying it over and over. I swear if Coco could talk she could say it to. Haha!
Today arrived and Jake woke up super excited. He stood in the stands on the front row and sang every song with his head held high, loud voice and the biggest & brightest smile on his face. He would look at us throughout the songs and wave and give us thumbs up. When it was his time to say his part he stood tall and confident at the microphone and spoke very clearly and had a huge beaming smile.
After the program he came running to us and said "I couldn't stop smiling". We couldn't either. Throughout the rest of church I had a ton of people stop me in the halls and comment on how cute Jake was. Everyone mentioned his huge smile. Scott describes it like he was glowing.
Reading this back my words don't even come close to how cute, confident, bright and adorable he looked. I just know that it is a memory that I am going to treasure the rest of my life.
Jake's part: "My family & I can serve others, by serving others we show Heavenly Father we love him"
Here is Jake and Courtney after Church. They are quite the twosome.
(My sweet Mom came to watch & support Jake. Thanks Mom and thanks for entertaining Court).

This is Jake with his class room bear named Morgan. Everyone in his class is given a turn to bring Morgan home for one night. They are given a journal to write all their fun adventures. It's a cute idea but I couldn't get over a stuffed animal going to ALL the kids homes. Germs? Sooo Gross!!!!!! But we survived, no one got sick and Jake had a blast!

4 comments:

  1. So cute. My girls had there program today to, but I didn't get the same show. They both smiled but didn't sing. They both danced around a little bit. Don't get me wrong there were still cute. They both new there parts so that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake is so stinkin' cute! He's really is such a smart kid. Funny - as you were first talking about Morgan the bear, my first thought was "Eww...EVERYONE'S house?! Hello, germs!!" Great minds think alike! haha! Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the cutest program ever. I loved it.
    Jake was so cute. I watched him all the way to his chair. He had this cute little grin on the whole way.
    He is such a handsome little guy.
    Last night was good. I am really glad we went. You keep me soo active. hahaha I might fall off the straight and narrow if it weren't for you.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE him! That is so precious, I can only imagine since I couldn't be there...what a sweet heart. Surprising he'll do that when other things seem to make him anxious.

    Should have given Morgan the bear a little adventure in the washing machine...:) Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!