Wednesday, December 16, 2009

FAMILY PICTURE NIGHTMARE !!

This is really sad and embarrasing, but we haven't had a family picture taken with Courtney, and yes, she is 2 years old. AND, to make matters worse, we haven't had a family picture taken since Jake was 2 years old. Add it up and we haven't had a family picture in 4 years. Pathetic and so sad.

Photobucket
My sister Laura is in town and she is really talented at taking pictures so I figured there was no better time than now. To sum up this awesome experience (I am being extremely sarcastic) it took me two hours to get my family dressed and beautified and literally 5 minutes of taking the actual pictures. Once we found the perfect spot.... Jake started to whine about the sun in his eyes, Court became an ornery little thing, Scott was impatient and also whiny (not joking) and myself, impatient with everyone!!!



Photobucket
This stressful experience answered my question why we haven't taken a family picture in 4 years. It will probably be another 4 possibly 5 years until we take another one (again, not joking).

Photobucket
Laura has been teaching me some really fun photo editing tricks. This is one of Scott's favorite quotes, he is totally going to kill me when he sees this. LOL!!

Photobucket As you can see by these pictures, at least one of us in each picture has their eyes squinting or not smiling, but knowing this was a 5 minute photo shoot, hopefully you can appreciate them more.

Photobucket
Laura said we were the fastest photo shoot she has ever done. Not sure this is a compliment?

Photobucket
I'm sure had we spent even 15 minutes letting Laura take pictures we would of had a lot more to choose from, and possibly better ones. In this case I will quote Jakes Kindergarten teacher "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit". LOL!!!

Thank you Laura for putting up with my crazy family!



Photobucket This is the picture we chose for our Christmas card and sad to admit that this will be our 2nd Christmas card we have sent out in 8 years. I always intend to mail out Christmas cards but I never seem to get around to it (procrastination seems to haunt me). My worry now is making sure the Christmas cards actually get in the mail. Wish me luck!



6 comments:

  1. Those are way cute. Did you have some of them taken at the Church. I recognize those tree's in the background. ( :
    You have such a darling family, Sarah Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel about getting family pictures taken. I really wanted to get one taken this fall but just thinking about getting everyone ready, setting up the appointment, and then the inevitable fits that would be thrown and I just couldn't do it. Maybe next year. It has been three years since our last family photo--so you win with 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are awsome. Your family is so cute. Laura really did a great job and you guys are very great models. Talking about procrastination I just found thank you cards for Nicky's 3rd b-day, Christmas card from 4 years ago AND my kids pictures that were taken last year still in the same envelope haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, all you need really is one great picture, right??? They all look so cute - I love the one that's for your Christmas card! Don't expect a card from us . . . we aren't doing them this year. I'm not even pretending to have good intentions. There's just too much going on this year, and I don't really want to send out a picture of me 9 1/2 mo. pregnant! Anyway, beautiful photos! Mike and I really need to get a family photo too. It's been . . . um . . . okay, well, we've actually never had any. Ugh. We're a lot alike, you and I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pictures, you are all so photogenic! Don't worry we never have any family pictures done, I know I'm so going to regret it, one of these days maybe I'll get my act together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! For a 5 minutes photo shoot those turned out really cute! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!