Monday, January 25, 2010

Little Princess

Photobucket

Photobucket These are some fun pictures of Courtney I had on my camera.

Courtney is 27 months old, 36' tall and 27 lbs. This past month she started talking in two and three word sentences. This may not seem too exciting for you but to us it's a great blessing and a huge relief. It's amazing to finally be able to communicate with Court and not have to guess what she is saying or what she wants. Already our house is quieter as we have less crying and screaming.

Example of a typical day for us (1 month ago): Courtney asks me for something, I can't understand her, Court gets frustrated and starts crying which then turns into screaming, I get frustrated because I can't figure out what she wants so I'm unable to calm her down, then Jake walks in the room, he does something or says something that puts me over the edge, I let out my frustration on him and then Scott comes home to a crazy wife and two very frustrated kids. Do you get the picture? LOL!!!!



These are a few of my favorite sentences Courtney says.


" I cold Mom."

" Help me Mommy."

"I done."
"I don't know."

"I good."

"I want bubba."

"Courtney, Doctor, No."

"Daddy here?"

"Momma go bye bye."

"I want pebbles." (fruity pebbles)

and my favorite, "I love you".


I'm also grateful and blessed to have Jake as my interpreter. There are still times that I have no idea what Court is saying and Jake can usually tell me. The other day he said, "Mom, why am I the only one who understands what Coco is saying"? I explained to him that this was one of his talents and that he is serving his Mom and Dad everyday by helping us understand his sister. And I must say, it's a talent that I'm very glad he has. Thank you Jake, we love you so much !!!



Here is a favorite quote of mine....
A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to. - Robert Blaurt


I love this quote, it reminds me that I need to really listen to my children. It's so true when they say everyone just wants to be heard, I'm learning this also applies to two year olds and six year olds.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Great pictures of Court! She is so special! And I TOTALLY agree....her talking better is SOOO fun! It DOES make life easier! It's so fun as they grow, it just gets better and BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. again the pictures FABULOUS and my favorite sentence from Coco is COURNEY DOCTOR NO haha hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff sniff...I miss her most! Just because she is growing and changing so much and I don't get to see it. I love her get up! So creative in her outfits and her asleep on Daddy...precious. :) Jakes sounds like what Heather was for you when you were little and couldn't speak clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable. She is going to have such a cute personality... much like her Dad. hahaha JK Like her Mama!
    You are one hot Mama!! You are so tiny. I cannot believe you have 2 children. I wish I had your genes. ( :
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!