Monday, January 11, 2010

My New Art Work

Jacob has always been a really good boy, he listens to us, obeys us, never gets into too much mischief... so when I walked by my living room and saw above my couch some writing on the wall I was shocked and I mean shocked!! All I could say was, What the?

Photobucket


As you can tell by Jake's face he knew he was in Big, Big, Big, Trouble. I kept asking him WHY? WHY would you draw on my walls? (He never did it when he was younger). He still hasn't given me a reason, maybe it was just a moment when he "forgot to think"?

If anyone has any helpful hints on how to get pen off walls, I would greatly appreciate it :)


Photobucket


Don't tell Jake this, but after I got super mad at him I called Scott and started laughing. It's just so bizarre that he did this that I think it's kind of funny. It's hard to see but he wrote Coco and drew a stick figure of her.


BUT, that's not the end of the story. Two days later I found Courtney drawing with blue crayon on my upstairs closet door. Again, what the?


Photobucket


I was sooo MAD and Courtney knew it. She spent thirty minutes in her crib while I tried to get it off. If anyone has any helpful hints on how to get crayon off please let me know.

I know this is more expected for a two year old, I was just stunned to go from this never happening to twice in two days?????

BUT, that's Still not the end of the story....


Later that day I was babysitting my 2 year old niece Aiva. I put her down for a nap in Jakes room and when I checked on her... this is what I found !!!



Photobucket


The picture doesn't even give it justice, it looked so much worse!! She had also colored on the carpet, all over herself and all over Jake's bed sheets. I yelled for my sister Laura who happened to be at my house. She ran up stairs and before I ran to get a wet cloth she said "Take a picture". (Good thinking Laura).


Thankfully it was a washable marker and it came off instantly. (I was so scared it was permanent).


Crazy this all happened in two days. I'm pretty sure my kids learned their lesson but I guess only time will tell. I'm scared to think what my reaction will be if I catch them doing this again, or should I say they should be scared. All I know is, it won't be pretty. LOL!!!



Now onto the task of trying to clean it up...??????


10 comments:

  1. haha this post is hilarous. My favorite story of the three of course is Jake. haha you've got to love those kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going through the same thing right now, mostly with Audrey, the other day as I was cleaning pen off one of my walls she found a crayon from who knows where and was coloring on a different wall, it drives me crazy, I should take pictures of her "art" to one day look back and laugh and I'm sure I'll miss my walls being colored on even though right now I HATE it.

    Have you tried Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? they work like a charm, we keep our house stocked with those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So much coloring on walls so quickly. A Mr. Clean magic eraser should take off the pen but I'm not sure about the crayon. We have the rule that all writing tools need to stay in the kitchen and that usually works to keep things under control. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need to lock up everything that writes! My kids have done the same thing--so frustrating. I agree though, the magic eraser should work--- just don't scrub too hard or it might lighten your paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL
    Oh dear.
    I am not sure what I would do to Gracie.
    Every time we get out writing utensils I always remind her we only write on paper. I am sure my time is coming. Gracie has been way too good up to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH, I laughed so hard when I read this! And I didn't know that Aiva also got the sheets and the carpet!!!!!! I am SOOO embarrassed of my daughter's bad behavior!!! Please forgive us! I'm sure karma will have Aiva writing all over my own walls soon. :) Again . . . I am SOOO SORRY!!

    In the meantime, like everyone said, try the magic eraser. I think it would take care of the crayon on the door. Be careful on the walls though. I washed some crayon off one of my walls with it and it kind of took off the gloss on those areas with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the magic erasers. I clean my walls constantly with it. My boys have such grimy hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Poor you, Sarah! Now I know what you meant yesterday when you said to watch Courtney real close if she's got crayons.... i just didn't know I'd also have to watch Jake too! That is really strange, and funny all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good memories!!!! Silly kids! :) :) :) They look like great mug shots too. Good luck with your cleaning. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also found another thing besides the magic eraser this past week when Audrey decided to color all over the upstairs hallways, (it must be something in 2 yr old's right now) anyways I used Lysol all purpose cleaner with BLEACH, it took it right off the walls and didn't do anything to the walls, it just bleached my washcloth that I was using.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!