Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marathon

Several months ago my sister talked me into joining her relay team for the Ogden Marathon, at the time it sounded fun but when it actually came around... I was like "what have I gotten myself into?" My part of the race was 5 miles and this was huge for me as I have only ever ran a 5K. I've been training for a few months but I was still super nervous!!!

My 5 miles went awesome and I felt really good. So, when my sister Heather asked me if I wanted to keep running the last 3 miles I was like "sure,I"m feeling good!!". The first mile was okay but by the 2nd mile I honestly wanted to die or worst quit. But Heather who ran next to me the entire time kept me going... when we met up she already had ran 10 miles so how could I quit on her?? So I kept going... we ran, talked, ran, talked and by the last mile we put our music on and we focused on the finish line. I'm still in awe that I ran 8 miles. I know it's nothing compared to the people who ran a half or a full marathon but for me 8 miles is awesome!!!

So... to most of you who probably don't believe that I acutally ran... here are some pictures for proof!! LOL!!!


(I apologize how blurry they are, they were the best I could get off my Dad's phone)

Photobucket

6 Things I Did Not Like About The Race
  • My alarm clock going off at 4:20a.m.
  • Waiting in the cold for over an hour for the bus to drive us up the canyon
  • Arriving at our destination and having to wait an additional 2 1/2 hours to run my leg of the race

  • Peeing in the porta potties (disgusting)

  • Three of my friends passing me even when I had a head start (lol!)

  • Running (lol!)

Photobucket

11 Things I Loved About The Race

  • Having two friends run the same leg of the race as me. We rode the bus, hung out, talked and helped each other get physched
  • The atmosphere and beautiful weather (once the sun came out)
  • Running the most beautiful part of the race, through the canyon and all down hill
  • All the people who were there cheering us on
  • Seeing my Mom and watching her take off for the last leg of the race
  • Having a cell phone the entire time so I could stay in contact with my family
  • Running the last 3 miles with my sister (she ran a total of 13 miles! A half a marathon!)
  • Seeing Scott, Jake and Coco at the finish line
  • Finishing!!!

Photobucket

Jake was very concerned that I didn't win the race. I tried to explain to him that my goal was finishing but he couldn't grasp this idea. He did think I was pretty cool when I got a medal so at least I'm not a complete disapointment to him. Lol !!


Photobucket

Here is my Mom and Heather after the race. My Mom joined us the last two blocks of the race, it was fun running to the finish line with both my Mom and sister!!!

I've been asked if I would do this again? Definitely yes! But, I'm now thinking "maybe I could do a half marathon??" I now know I can run 8 miles..what's another 5 miles on top of that (with training lol!).


Untill then or at least for a few weeks... I'm going to enjoy my couch and tv.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Tha is such a huge accomplishment. I am really proud of you guys for pushing yourselves to go farther then you thought! That is so amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I am so impressed. My kids don't understand why I don't ever win races either. I'm just glad to run the whole thing. I'm glad you had such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have done it without you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!