Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A new trend?

The picture below is Courtney (3 months old) wearing her blessing dress.

Photobucket

My sweet neighbor, Ana Marie, volunteered to make me this beautiful dress. She heard me complaining one day about not being able to find my dream blessing dress (I wanted a white dress with a pink bow). The dress turned out gorgeous, better than I had even imagined. I loved it and I still love it! (Thank you again Ana Marie!)

Photobucket

The blessing dress now hangs in Courtney's room as a decoration.

Photobucket

The past few months, Court has pointed to her blessing dress asking to wear it. She calls it the "princess dress". I've had to explain to her over and over that it's a baby dress and it's too small. One day after telling Courtney no for the billionth time, I was frustrated, so I got the dress down to put on her so she could see for herself that it was too small. I figured this would finally put an end to her asking and whining.

BUT....this is what happened.....


Photobucket

The dress fit her perfectly. Even more perfectly than it fit her when she was a baby.

I was totally baffled.. I still am???? It doesn't make sense to me..at all!!!

So far, Court has worn her "blessing dress" three times and she loves it. She prances around like she's a "real" princess, it's sooo cute! Scott and I figure we might as well get the most use out of the dress as we can. Lol!!!


I do have a favor to ask... If any of you have a daughter around Court's age, can you try on her blessing dress and then let me know the outcome? I'm curious... maybe this will start a new trend?? Two year olds wearing their blessing dresses, who would of ever thought???? LOL!!!

5 comments:

  1. That is way too cute! and awesome that Courtney can still wear her blessing dress! I will have to see if either one of my girl's dresses fits Audrey since she is Courtney's age and let you know! I'll even post pictures if it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try Lydia's on...ha ha..I doubt it will fit, it is so beautiful though...I wish it would. That is crazy and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted pictures of this so I could see! She looks so cute in it, and the dress is gorgeous! It does the dress even more justice than when she was a baby because you can get the full effect of seeing it upright. So cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars what great pictures of such an unusual but heartwarming discovery. Coco looks very angelic and princessy in her blessing dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT???? That is amazing...and strange, but so neat all at once =) Now you made me want to try Brynley's on her LOL. She does look like a princess =)

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!