Friday, August 13, 2010

Holy Crap I'm 30!!

Yes, it's true... I'm officially 30 years old. Super crazy because I honestly never thought I would ever be 30 and yet here I am. I won't lie and tell you I'm happy to be 30. It's taking some mental adjustment to fully accept this new age but I'm ok, no tears but no excitement either. Lol! Do you know what's so crazy, is how I used to perceive 30 year olds. When I heard someone was 30, I honestly thought they were ancient. Lol!! I also remember thinking that if the day ever came and I did turn 30 my life would all be put together, I would completely know who I was, I would have no insecurities, I would be wise, rich and mature. Seriously, I used to think all of this... too funny eh!!

So, here I am at age 30 and sadly my expectations were way too high. Lol!! I'm still the same me just a little older. I'm still living each day trying to be a good person, wife and mother but most days I seem to be on survival mode and I know it's crazy but somedays I feel like my biggest accomplishment in the day is just getting through the day. I'm still getting to know me and I'm learning to love me. Sometimes I discover strengths that I never knew I had but mostly I try to work on my many weaknesses. I'm still trying to figure out this whole motherhood thing as it constantly gives me different challenges and situations to fix, learn and get through. And, I'm still trying to figure out how to plant a money tree.


But, in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about. Although my expectations of 30 were crazy, I think I'm doing pretty darn good because I truly love my life. I'm healthy, I have two beautiful and healthy children, a husband who adores me, I live in a beautiful house with amazing neighbors. I have amazing friends, I have an incredible family and incredible in-laws and most of all I have the gospel. I'm truly blessed.


So, after all of my deep thoughts and preparation for
this new stage in my life, I have come to conclusion that if this is what 30 means then bring it on!!!!


Photobucket
My sweet husband threw me a surprise party a week before my birthday. It was revenge for the surprise party I threw him last year but he did it so much better. Scott knows I hate being center of attention and would most likely die of embarassment if I walked into a huge crowd of people. So he ended up planning a small surprise party that was absolutely perfect for me.


He had my Mom and Dad invite me out for a birthday dinner at Olive Garden. In all honesty I didn't want to go as I was feeling kind of sick but my Mom kept insisting I had to. I walked into the restaurant and there sitting at a big table were my dear friends. Complete surprise!!! My parents, Scott and my kids took off and I ended up with a fun girls night out!! Again, the perfect surprise party!

Thank you Scott! I love you!!!




Photobucket

I still can't believe how much my friends spoiled me... dinner, gifts, and a movie (we saw Eclipse) ... seriously way too much but so fun!!! I can't tell them enough thank you's, not only for my fun surprise party but for being my friends.

Thank you gals!!! I love you!!!


Photobucket

More pictures from my Dad's Iphone!


Photobucket

This is Simone, Lindsey, Julie and Brandi. Don't I have the cutest friends ever?




Photobucket

Me, Tonya, Steph and Amy.

Photobucket

Celebrating my birthday with my family. Thanks fam!!!
I love you!!!


Photobucket

My real Birthday. Scott surprised me with a red velvet birthday cake that he made all by himself. I was seriously impressed and it even tasted good!! If you're wondering why I have a towel on my head, we had just gotten home from a family reunion which happened to land on my birthday. It was fun but a little embarrasing with everyone wishing me a happy birthday. Again, I hate being the center of attention. But, I survived and it turned out to be a really great Birthday!!

I read this quote somewhere... I think it's hilarious and fits me perfectly!

Turning thirty isn't all that bad
After all, they say it's the new twenty
So you're actually safe for ten more years
Until you turn the dreaded forty!

I guess I better enjoy my 30's before I hit the dreaded 40's!! Lol!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday. A surprise party at Olive Garden sounds like just my sort of party too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed it. Looks like you had a ball~
    Miss ya! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It was fun to be there and get to spend some great time with you! I totally know what you mean about getting through the day. A friend of mine has a good saying, something like, 'If I have opened my scriptures once, fallen to my knees in prayer and the kids are alive at the end of the day then it has been a succesful day.' I love it, I think that it is how all mothers feel! Enjoy being 30, you are wonderful and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday! I can't believe you are 30 either...cause that makes ME even older LOL! I remember feeling the same way when I turned 30 now I will be turning 35 in November AHHHHH...Now I would be MORE than happy to be turning 30 again!!

    You have a very thoughtful husband, what a great guy! Glad you were so spoiled =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy b-lated b-day Sarah. Ditto I used to think 30 was too old but remember 30 is the new 20st, and you do look like a 22 yrs old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also used to think 30 was so old! It looks like you had a great birthday, what a fun surprise! I love that saying too.

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!