Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My First Phone Call From Jakes School

A few weeks ago (a little slow on getting this posted), Scott called and told me to get to Jakes school right away. The school had called and told him that Jake had fallen and cut his knee pretty bad. They thought he may need stitches.

It took me a record 20 seconds to get Court and myself in the van. I threw my coat on over my pajamas, grabbed my hat, and grabbed Coco who was wearing only her pajama top and diaper. We were quite the sight. LOL!!!

I found Jake sitting in the big school office. He looked so small and scared but I could tell he was trying so hard to be brave. I am so proud of how well he handled everthing.

Photobucket

From what Jake tells me... he was playing on an ice hill at recess, slipped and fell on his knee. When he stood up he saw that his knee was "gushing with blood". Exact quote from Jake. LOL!

Instead of heading to the ER I headed straight to my neighbor who is an ER nurse (saved me a $75 co-pay). My neighbor cleaned Jakes knee and came to the conclusion that he would be fine without stitches. She did more of her nurse magic, gave Jake some movies to watch, instructions for me and we were done. Thank you Megan you're awesome!!

Photobucket

Here's a close up of his knee. Sorry, kind of gross. The picture actually doesn't do it justice as it looked much worse in person.

The next day we kept Jake home from school. Not so much for the knee injury but for his worrying. He started getting really stressed thinking about how he wouldn't be able to play at recess. The following day when he returned to school, he was ready and everthing was back to normal.


Photobucket

Courtney, like all younger sibblings, has to do everything her big brother does. When we got home she stated that her knee had an owee and she couldn't walk. She insisted on a pillow to elevate her knee as well. Jake got a little bugged by her coppying him but I thought it was hilarious. The rest of the day I nursed both my children back to health. Oh the memories!!!

4 comments:

  1. Didn't realize it was such a hulabaloo when he showed me his owee over Skype. Poor kid. Glad I now know a WEEK later. Boo for being so far. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah your daughter is hilarious. I'm sorry to hear he injured his knee. You do have a brave son. I can totally picture him while you descrived him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jake!
    Got to love having a RN living next door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Jake on the couch breaks my heart, poor guy! That is too cute that Courtney had to copy him. I have 2 nurse neighbors, one who works down at Primary Children's and one who works in the ER, I love them and am thankful for them, they've saved me lots of money and stress since I'm such a worry wart mom :)

    Ps, I don't think I've told you but I LOVE your family pictures you had done, they are beautiful, you guys belong in a magazine!!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!