Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day Of School

Check out our new First Grader!!

Photobucket


Courtney insisted on being in one of the pictures. She was all dressed up and ready to take Jake to the bus stop. Love the purse.


Photobucket

Kind of crazy to admit, but I've written this post 3 times now and each time I've erased it. The reason I've been having a hard time posting this, is because I've been having a hard time with Jake starting first grade. Each post I wrote was so depressing and the reason was; I was so sad. I've never delt with change well and to have this big change in our lives has especially been difficult for me. The hardest part for me has been dealing with Jake being gone all day (almost 8 hours, including the bus ride). This has triggered many emotions in me; such as his teacher seeing him more than I do, his friends having a bigger influence in his life, not being able to take care of him or protect him as much and on and on and on. You get the picture (crazy Mom, lol). But, it's now been a week and a half and thankfully I'm doing so much better. I guess like most change, you just need time to get used to it.

But, enough about me...

I can't say enough good things about our Jacob, he of course was super nervous about school, especially lunch time but he too has accepted this new change in his life and so far has excelled at it. We're so proud of him. The first few days were a little rough but he now wakes up excited to go to school. He now loves lunch, he's met new friends, he's still friends with his old ones and he loves his teacher. He was excited to inform us that he now gets to do real Math (he loves Math) and he's excited because next week he will start getting homework. Lol!!! Love my child to death!

So, I'm happy to say that we're all doing great, including our little Coco. It too has been an adjustment for her without her big brother but I'm keeping her busy with play dates, the Tree House Museum, shopping (she loves to shop) and next week she starts dance. I must say her life is pretty darn good.

Congrats to our new first grader. We love you!!!

I love this quote...
“The key to change... is to let go of fear.”

1 comment:

  1. He LOOKS LIKE SCOTT in that picture! Just like him. Wow. I'm glad it is going well. I'm going to be a wreck when Lydia leaves me, I sometimes miss her when she takes 3 hour naps. Glad you have to go through this before me. He's so smart. What a stud!!!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!