Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Best Yard Ever

The other day Jake said to me... "Mom, we have the best yard ever, we have a trampoline, a pool and a slide!" His statement made me laugh because what he is describing is a five dollar plastic pool from Walmart and a broken plastic slide from a garage sale.

Through the week Jake's statement stayed with me and made me some what sad because I realized that my eyes were seeing junk and Jake's eyes were seeing "the best yard ever". I would love to see the World again through a child's eyes. I remember when everything you saw or found could be turned into a game or a treasure. I remember when everything was new, big and even magical. Can I make this change? Can I change the way I look at things and start to see things through Jake's and Courtney's eyes? How more amazing would this World be if we could all do this? I'm going to try...

Photobucket

Photobucket

(a few days later....)

This morning when I woke up and looked out my back window, I didn't see the weeds or the uncut grass, I saw a beautiful green lawn with a trampoline, pool and slide. Today I saw "the best yard ever".

5 comments:

  1. Kids indeed teach us a lot. I love his perspective of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma & Grandpa Selman's yard was magical for me growing up...bird bath, old hammock, the wonderful smell of compost...I remember those feelings but am losing them. Good thing we have kids to teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Love your photo's! What editing program do you use? Just fabulous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Sarah...Jake just educated all of by you posting this! Love that boy! He has the RIGHT eyes and perspective. Yeah Jake...we are all teachable.
    Your yard does look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! It is great to get a reminder of this every once and a while! Your kids are so great!

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!