Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Our fun Easter weekend!!!!

Photobucket

We started early Saturday morning at the annual West Haven Easter Egg hunt. Jake and Coco both scored with candy. (I got in trouble for helping Courtney pick up eggs.. oops!)

Photobucket

Saturday afternoon we headed over to my Mom's house for another fun Easter Egg hunt which included candy, confetti, money and gift cards. Thanks Mom & Dad!


Photobucket

Here is my family along with my Aunt Bev, Uncle Richard, cousin Camellia and her new hubby Doug. They came down from Canada for General Conference and a visit. (NO, Scott and I weren't mad at each other, we didn't realize we weren't standing next to each other until after the picture was taken). Too funny!

(My Aunt Sharon & Uncle Jim were also there but they were taking the picture.)

Photobucket

During the Priesthood session, the girls and our kids made bunny cookies. I saw these bunny cookies on one of my friends blogs and I have to say hers were way cuter, most of our cookies looked like mice or cats. LOL! But they were still fun to make and they tasted delicious.



Photobucket

Courtney doing Aunt Bev's hair.

It was a blast having the Smith family come for a visit. Thank you for the fun talks and the Canadian Corn Pops!!



Photobucket

Easter morning Court and Jake woke up with a piece of string tied to each of their bedroom doors. They followed the string throughout the house to find their Easter Baskets. Courtney found her Easter basket in the dryer and Jake found his in the oven. Our Easter Bunny is so clever and fun. LOL!!!

Our Easter Bunny refused to give more candy to Jake and Coco and instead put toys in their Easter Baskets. Again, our Easter Bunny is so smart. LOL!!



Photobucket

Coco and Jake looked so cute watching Conference. They had a lot of fun with their conference coloring books and their conference Bingo. Jake thought it was fun watching "church" in his pajamas.


Photobucket

I couldn't find Courtney's shoes and was in a huge rush so this is what she ended up wearing all day Sunday. So pretty!!


Photobucket

My cute family.


Photobucket

We had another fun Easter Egg hunt at Scott's parents home on Easter Sunday.

(Don't tell my kids this... but Scott's Mom asked us to bring candy for the Cole Easter Egg hunt... Instead of buying more candy, I stole some of Jake and Court's candy from their Easter baskets when they were sleeping. The following day, they got back all of their stolen candy at the Easter Egg hunt. It was a win, win situation for everyone. I saved money on candy, my kids didn't get more candy and in the end, Jake and Court didn't even notice the "missing candy". I know... I'm awful!!)


Photobucket
Scott with his brothers and nephew. Me with my 12 year old niece, Abby.

I'm so thankful that we were able to spend time with both our families this Easter weekend and I feel blessed for the opportunity to listen and be taught by our Prophet and Apostles at this special time of year. I'm grateful for the sacrifice and love our Savior has given me and still gives me. It's truly the greatest gift knowing that I can be with my family forever.

Happy Easter!!

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures...and nice that you're all caught up on the past weekend! I wish I had taken a picture of everyone here at mom's watching conference...that was a cute one of Jake and Coco in front of the tv!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun pictures and write up! Thanks for sharing!
    You do have such an awesome little family. Blessings galore!
    Hugs to you all.
    Always,
    Aunt G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Easter weekend! Man your kids look cute in Jake's leather jacket and her dress (gorgeous!!!). You nieces and nephews on Cole side are getting BIG. Didn't recognize them! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks like it was all such fun! You do have such a cute family Sarah.

    Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you all when we were down there. We were ALL so sick and didn't want to pass it on to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! I'm the opposite--so sick of toys they don't play with I'd rather give 'em candy! (Plus then I steal the candy out of their baskets and enjoy it myself! Ha Ha!)

    ReplyDelete

Courtney and Baby Lydia

Courtney and Baby Lydia
Courtney and her favorite Baby. Baby Lydia. How do I explain to her that baby has moved away? Breaks my heart!!!!

My hot husband!!

My hot husband!!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair & teeth time!

Mom and Courts morning routine. Hair  & teeth time!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

Sarah's 23rd Birthday! LOL!!!

St. George

St. George

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake swimming in Pine View

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Jake and Coco with Cousin Tyler hanging out in St. George

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese

Coco kissing Chucke Cheese
We took Jake and Coco to Chucke Cheese for their first time. We all had a blast!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!

almost kissing counsins. Too cute!!!